Cadw is the official guardian of historical buildings in Wales. The Cadw Monuments and Events website is a central location for information on all of the Cadw maintained historical monuments in Wales.
The website contains individual monument pages which list prices, directions, historical information and images. Each page can be accessed via a simple search or by location on a map of Wales.
All website features:
- Comprehensive search facility allowing the user to search for an event by keyword, region, monument and date.
- Interactive map which is dynamically updated as new monuments are added to the CMS, allowing users to easily find monuments in a particular location.
- Top 5 facility, the client can highlight particular events by ticking a box in the CMS. These events are then highlighted around the website.
- Advertisement system built into the CMS that allows the client to generate small styled adds including an image, copy and link that can then be assigned to any page on the website.
- Individual Facebook style pages for each monument and event, listing opening hours, facilities, directions and admission costs.
- Image gallery that opens in a modal window above the current page, enabling the user to flick through images without having to reload the page.
- CMS driven News facility.