The website was built as part of a complete re branding of The Welsh Blood Service. The website is designed to be used by people who want to know more about donating blood.
Donation locations are illustrated on an interactive map. Blood stock levels are displayed using an animated graph and users can determine whether they are eligible to donate by completing an interactive quiz.
The website is fully content managed making it very quick to update any information on the website with very little training. This ensures that information on donation centres and blood stock levels are kept up to date.
- Bilingual website
- Optimised mobile version of the site
- Dynamic CMS driven graphs used to illustrate blood stock levels
- CMS driven map showing locations of donation centres
- Interactive quiz to determine if you are eligible to donate.
- News section
- Live Twitter stream
- Cross browser compliant down to IE6
- Ruby on Rails framework
- JQTouch library was used for the mobile version
- Google API – donation centre locations